Looks like I hit my fundraising goal for the Fight for Air climb. I'd still be glad if anyone wanted to donate, of course, but I'm glad we got this far.
Meanwhile I've been compiling a list of Things I Use To Motivate Myself Through Exercise Sessions (Including But Not Limited To Situps, Squats, and Climbing 30+ Floors Worth Of Stairs At One Go)
- 'Viva La Vida', Coldplay
- music from Halo
- Power Girl has defined abs, which means she's probably doing some fairly impressive abdominal exercises because superstrength alone doesn't necessarily give you with well-defined abs, and if she can do an ab workout despite serious ballast issues I can get through this
- music from Mass Effect
- Black Canary has no powers that affect her physical condition, but she's a respected martial artist, which means she works out like hell including situps and ab exercises during her period, so I can get through that too
- music by Two Steps From Hell
- The faster I go up these damn stairs- within sustainable limits, because sprinting at the start only makes the rest of the workout worse- the sooner this will be over
- This song
- floor 20 is the Dr. Peter Venkman Memorial Stopping Point; if you get that far without stopping it is okay to throw up
- you're on 20 and you don't have to throw up? KEEP MOVING, GOZER WAITS FOR NO HUMAN
- 'Everybody Wants To Rule The World', Tears for Fears
- skinny wee Steve Rogers did situps, pushups, and as much running as he could manage without complaining, and you like skinny Steve, don't you? Sure you do
- the big guns: Kevin Conroy!Batman standing just behind where I'm doing my situps, and all he's saying is, "No excuses."